BOLLYWOOD INSIDE

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm embarassed playing God: Big B


Read more...
I'm embarassed playing God: Big B

Amitabh Bachchan: Yes, and still going. There are some interesting projects like Ram Gopal Verma’s Sholay in which I’ll be the so-called Gabbar.

Amitabh Bachchan: Yes. I was very excited to see the script and wanted to do the film. Plus, there is a cameo in Jhoom Barabar Jhoom with Abhishek (Bachchan), Preity (Zinta), Bobby (Deol) and Lara (Dutta). There is Sarkar 2, Bhootnath, in which I'll be playing a ghost. There is Alladin in which I play the genie. I think it all comes with age. Obviously, you can’t play the leading man so you get the leftovers.

Amitabh Bachchan: I think that would not be the right thing to suppose but I would like to hear what the viewers have to say. I have run out of ideas of what role to play so I would like them to suggest what role I should take on and hopefully I shall try and live up to it.

Amitabh Bachchan: Oh, I’m not prepared for this. For our country, an opportunity for everyone to get formal education because I believe education will bring discipline and that will bring a certain attitude and culture which is progressive. I hope we can become the number one nation in the world and that the film industry does the same.

Amitabh Bachchan: I hope you are right because that ensures a job for me. At my age people retire. But I’m happy that they still think of me favourably and are able to devise and design roles for me. It’s very challenging. I think the more diversity I can hope to handle will help me grow as an artist. Every day is a great challenge in this category for all of us and I hope to live up to those expectations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home